On December 4, the Convention Bureau of the National Tourism Organisation of Serbia organized the ceremony for the " Serbian Congress Ambassador" award for 2022 and the celebration of 15 years since the establishment of SCB at the Crowne Plaza hotel in Belgrade.
The Club of Congress Ambassadors of Serbia was initiated with the idea of recognizing prominent individuals, in spheres that are very significant for the development of society, for their enthusiasm and work in promoting the country in their respective professional fields, especially those who have managed to secure international support for hosting world and European congresses of their associations.
This year, the Serbia Convention Bureau celebrates 15 years since its foundation and work on the promotion of Serbia as a destination for business travel and events. This was an exceptional opportunity to gather in one place representatives of the meetings and events industry (hotels, PCO and DMC agencies, congress venues and other service providers) and representatives of domestic associations, in order to honour individuals that have improved the position of Serbia as a congress destination.
The importance of this year's awards is increased by the fact that it comes after the pandemic break, which had a great impact on meetings and events all over the world, Serbia included. The overall success of Serbian tourism, as one of the destinations that has recovered the fastest according to world statistics, was also helped by the large number of business meetings organized this year.
Growth of tourist arrivals to Serbia will be further supported by the number of congresses to be hosted in the coming years. In the Country and City Ranking list of ICCA (International Congress and Convention Association), Serbia has advanced by three positions compared to 2019 and currently occupies the 47th place.
The recipients were awarded by the Director of the National Tourism Organisation of Serbia, Marija Labović, and the Director of Serbia Convention Bureau, Dušan Borovčanin.
Winners of the award – Serbian Congress Ambassador for 2022:
1. Prof. Dr. Aleksandar Bošković, scientific adviser at the Institute of Archaeology in Belgrade
2. Gradimir Dragutinović, director of GPA (Global Project Agency) Serbia
3. Prof. Snežana Komatina, PhD, professor at the Department of Industrial Engineering in Oil and Gas Exploitation at the Technical Faculty Mihajlo Pupin in Zrenjanin
4. Velimir Vukadin, president of the Serbian Biathlon Federation and member of the International Biathlon Union
5. Asst. Dr. Nikola Petrović, psychologist and psychotherapist at the Faculty of Philosophy, University of Belgrade
6. Dr. Zoran Stanković, specialist in gynecology and obstetrics
7. Diana Kržanić Tepavac, President of the Executive Board ASSITEJ Serbia - International Association of Theatre for Children and Young People
8. Prof. Dr. Dušanka Krajnović, full professor at the Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Belgrade and secretary general of the International Society for the History of Pharmacy
9. Prof. Dr. Ljiljana Mirković, full professor at the Faculty of Medicine, University of Belgrade
10. Dr. Vlasta Sikimić, research associate at the Institute for Philosophy of the Faculty of Philosophy, University of Belgrade
11. Dr. Lara Lebedinski, senior researcher at the Foundation for the Advancement of Economics FREN and external associate at the Institute of Economic Sciences.